Chronicle of Hotel Schwaigerhof
1925 - 1956
In 1931 he married Hedwig Stocker. Inheritence payments to the relatives of the dead uncle put a strain on the necessary maintenance to the inherited farm.
However, with much hard work and sacrifice they managed to renovate the house, so that they were even able to accomodate youth groups during the war years. A harsh stroke of fate destroyed the happiness and future of the young family when the father, Gottlieb lost his life at the front on 2 nd April 1945 - shortly before the end of the war.
Once again times were hard for the mother, Hedwig as she had to care for four small children as well as the house and farm.
But with lots of energy and god´s help she coped. With the combined efforts of the family, neighbours and staff the property continued to run in the difficult post- war years.
Even in 1954 they were able to accomodate guests and leisure groups.
1956 - 1967
In the winter season 1958/59 a small ski lift was erected in front of the house.
In 1960 the old farmhouse was knocked down and building work continued. Thanks to the combined efforts of all children the new building was aslo finished in the same year.
in the village as well as in Schladming in the mid 1960`s. On the 14 th May 1960 wedding bells pealed for the bride and groom Toni and Kuni.
Tourism began to grow and the family realised the importance of winter tourism.
1967 - 1982
As the preparation of the pistes became such a mammoth task a piste-basher was designed and developed.
1968 saw a new turn in the building projects. The first INDOOR SWIMMING POOL in the Dachstein-Region was built, which at the time was warmly received by guests and locals alike.
In the years that followed the house was renovated and the majority of the rooms refurbished with all the latest comforts.
Thus the "SCHWAIGERHOF" became one of the leading hotels in Rohrmoos.
1982 - 1990
When Schladming was granted the ski world championship in 1982, we once again took a risk and planned more building work.
One of our special features was always our farm. Constant improvements guaranteed the continous existence of our farm. Nowadays we don´t have any animals (except 3 cats and in summer 2 rabbits).
The fields are worked and cared for by our neighbour.
Between 1984 and 1988
Joy and sorrow often come at the same time! On 1.1.1988 our dear mother and soul of the house "Kuni" died all too prematurely at the age of 55 after long illness. Everyone who knew her will remember well of her!
1990 - 1994
The whole family had a huge shock in summer 1990 when they learnt that Toni too had that malicious and incurable disease. Our dear father and hotel owner died all to prematurely on 4.11.1991 at the age of 59.
However, time does not stand still and we have also had joyous occasions to celebrate. On 14.11.1992 Gottlieb and Annemarie (née. Knaus) got married. And three healthy children have been born to us, Martina (in 1986), Toni (1994) and Hubert (1995).
Aber auf dem alten Grund Neues wirken jede Stund'.
Am kräftigen Neuen uns laben und freuen."
With the construction of the swimming biotope in 1994 an ideal oasis of relaxation was created in the garden.
1994 - 2002
GRAND BUILDING PROJECT 2000!
After 5 month building work the Schwaigerhof has once again grown a little.
- Fireproof stairwell
- Comfortable lift
- Reception with hotel lobby
- 10 new rooms with 10 bathrooms suitable for wheelchairs
- Internet corner
- Fitness room
- Underground tunnel to the barn
2002 - 2009
In the summer of 2005 our biggest building projekt took place (adjacent house) in just 8 months.
With much commitment from the boss Gottlieb, our friend and designer Hans Pacher and designer Peter Fischer (Fischer-Bau), the construction grew. With many new ideas and comfortable facilities it has become one of the top building in the Ennstal region.
To make sure our guests have adequate space in our restaurant an enclosed winter garden was newly constructed.
In the following years numerous bathrooms and hotel rooms were renovated, in autumn 2009 the eastern face of the main building was renewed and several rooms were expanded.
In spring 2011 new toilet facilities, as well as a toilet suitable for wheelchairs and an activity room for children and teenagers was constructed. The ski and boot room was also renewed. Located on the ground floor is the comfortable hotel bar with wonderful scene views and for smokers a seperate smoking lounge. One can also watch our team at work at the show kitchen. The south and north face of the building was renewed and the insulation was improved.
The majority of the electrical and installation technic was completely renewed. For the protection of our guests a fire detection system was installed in each room.
As two large spaces remained vacant in the second hotel building four new hotel rooms were built, designed with pine wood.
A big dream was realised for us in the autumn of 2013. From this point, the Schwaigerhof was included among the ****Superior Hotels. This additional award represents a significant "extra" in terms of service and performance.
2013/2014 - Construction of our new employee's house, "Haus Lavendel"
The hotel´s and family Stocker´s history show what ideas, pioneering work and measures have been undertaken and which are still necessary to be able to offer guests at the Alpenhotel Schwaigerhof an ideal, relaxing and eventful holiday.Your Familiy Stocker